I have created this free pattern for Photoshop that will apply a jigsaw puzzle effect over any image. It is easily re-sizeable.
To use the pattern:
- Create a new layer and fill it with any colour – then reduce the fill to 0%.
- In the blending options, select Pattern Fill and fill your image with this jigsaw pattern. Now you can adjust the size as required.
- Reduce the layer opacity slightly (your own choice here), then create a new, empty layer and merge this and the pattern filled layer together.
- Blending options again – Bevel – Emboss – set as required.
- Create another new, empty layer and once again merge these 2 layers.
- Set this layer to Overlay. You will probably need to duplicate this layer at least once to achieve your required result.
Click on the image to download the .pat file